Positions Vacant in the Diocese of Broken Bay
Catholic Parish of St Agatha’s, Pennant Hills
Parish Worker (Youth)
St Agatha’s Parish at Pennant Hills is part of the Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay and one of 26 parishes located within the Diocese. We are looking for a permanent part time (10 hrs/ wk) Parish Worker (youth) as part of our parish team.
The Parish Worker (Youth) is responsible for planning, coordinating and resourcing ministries for youth aged 12 – 18 and young adults up to age 35. The primary focus of this ministry is to foster an interesting and engaging program of parish based formation opportunities for youth and young adults. There may be opportunities for other areas of ministry also.
As the successful candidate you will have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Respect and support for the teachings of the Church, the ethos of the Parish and Diocese;
- Previous experience working with youth aged 12 – 18 in a leadership role;
- Ability to build a strong youth network and collaborate with like groups or organisations, especially in the Diocese of Broken Bay;
- Musical and liturgical ability and knowledge of Scripture and Bible Studies;
- Working with Children Clearance.
You will be an experienced youth worker who is adept at planning, coordinating and resourcing youth ministries. You will also have a sound knowledge of youth programs in Australian Catholic parishes.
If you are interested in applying for this position please apply to the Parish Secretary via firstname.lastname@example.org.
A role description and essential criteria will be supplied upon request.
In your application include a cover letter, statement as to the selection criteria (which explain how you meet the requirements of this role) and a current CV.
Applications close Friday 24 February 2017