Dear Visiting Clergy,
You are most welcome to visit the Diocese of Broken Bay. In order to carry out a public ministry in our Diocese, you are required to be compliant with both Civil Law and Church Requirements. In order to achieve this, you have the following options to fulfil civil law and church requirements;
1. Towards Healing Declarations 45.6 and 45.7 - Church Requirement
2. Australian Catholic Ministers Register Identification Number (ACMR ID) - Church Requirement
3. Working with Children Check Number (from your state of appointment/residence) – Civil Law
4. Ministry Card (only applicable to appointed and incardinated clergy of the Archdiocese of Sydney, Diocese of Broken Bay, Parramatta and Wollongong) – Civil Law and Church Requirement
5. Celebret (International Visitors only) – Church Requirement
Please ensure the applicable documentation is forwarded to the Office for Safeguarding and Professional Standards (Chancery) firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so that you are able to carry out a public ministry in our Diocese. Remember that you are not able to undertake ministry in our Diocese until this process is complete. Upon review of the documentation the Office for Safeguarding and Professional Standards (Chancery) will email a letter of permission to you, your Church Authority and the parish you will be visiting. Permissions are granted by the Vicar General of the Diocese of Broken Bay.
If you have any further questions about the screening practices of visiting clergy please do not hesitate to contact Lucy Sarkis P: 9847 0206 E: email@example.com
DECLARATIONS and FURTHER INFORMATION
Towards Healing Declarations
1. Letter of Welcome
2. Personal Declaration 45.6
3. Church Authority Declaration 45.7
Australian Catholic Minsters Register Identification Number (ACMR ID)
Please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Full Name
• Start date and end of visit
• Purpose of visit
• Name of Parish to visit
• ACMR ID Number
• Church Authority
• Date of Birth
• Contact phone number
• Please also include Working with Children number (within Australia)
Working with Children
• Provide the Office for Safeguarding and Professional Standards (Chancery) with your working with children clearance number (Australian only)
• Additionally, those visiting clerics from outside NSW please provide a scanned copy of your Working with Children Card
The Ministry card is only available to appointed and incardinated clergy of the Archdiocese of Sydney, Diocese of Broken Bay, Parramatta and Wollongong. If you have any questions regarding the Ministry Card download the FAQ sheet for the Ministry Card or contact the Office for Safeguarding and Professional Standards (Chancery) on 9847 0206 or email@example.com
International Visitors are required to provide the Office for Safeguarding and Professional Standards (Chancery) with a celebret.
Canon 903 A priest is permitted to celebrate the Eucharist, even if not known to the rector of the church, provided either that he presents commendatory letter, not more than a year old, from his own Ordinary or Superior, or that it can be prudently judged that he is not debarred from celebrating.
A scanned copy attached to an email with the details of your visit will be suitable. It is also necessary for the Towards Healing Declarations to be provided.