>Services & Agencies
Seeking to support parishes bring the Church’s teachings to everyday choices, involvement and commitment; to witness to the world the values espoused by Catholic Social teachings.
Social Justice Statement 2015-2016
For Those Who've Come Across the Seas
Justice for refugees and asylum seekers
The Australian Catholic Bishops’ Social Justice Statement for 2015–16 challenges Australians to think again about our national response to asylum seekers. The Statement addresses the divisive national debate over asylum seekers, especially those who arrive by boat. It reminds all Australians of the need to welcome and comfort those who have fled here from terror and danger, and to live out the example of Jesus, who never turned his back on those who were lost or suffering.
Read the statement at the Australian Catholic Social Justice Council’s website.
On Care for our Common Home
One-Year Anniversary of Laudato Si'
The 18th June 2016 marks the first anniversary of Laudato Si’, which since its release has prompted much discussion in the Church and public square about the ecological issues impacting our world. The following resources are available to allow a continued dialogue and response to this encyclical.
1. Tree of Life - A new resource from Catholic Earthcare Australia
This resource includes a prayer card; Sunday Gospel reflections; a theological reflection; and ways of taking practical action. http://catholicearthcare.org.au/
2. Diocese of Broken Bay Laudato Si’ Discussion Guide for Parishes, Schools and Small Groups
This resource is available online and can be used as a guide for small groups. http://www.dbb.org.au/
For any further assistance, please contact David Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 9847 0514.
The online text of the Encyclical and further resources can be found here.
Copies of the Encyclical can be purchased online from Pauline Books & Media here.
Dignity and Work 2016: Discussion Guides
The Australian Catholic Social Justice Council (ACSJC) has developed three Discussion Guides on Dignity and Work, on the following topics:
- Calling for a ‘New Start’ on Unemployment Allowances
- Calling for the Protection of Penalty Rates
- Calling for the Defence of the ‘Right to Rest’
These can be accessed at http://www.socialjustice.catholic.org.au/
Social Justice e-Bulletin
- August / September 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- December 2014
Broken Bay News Archive
- Bula! Caritas in Broken Bay (Broken Bay News April 2015) [PDF/970KB]
- World Day of Prayer (Broken Bay News April 2015) [PDF/680KB]
- Growing Food for Life - Project Compassion 2015 (Broken Bay News February 2015) [PDF/820KB]
- A Special Place - Centre for youth with disabilities in Rwanda (Broken Bay News February 2015) [PDF/800KB]
- Putting Rungs in the Ladder: Tri-Diocesan event (Broken Bay News February 2015) [PDF/710KB]
- Building Fraternity (Broken Bay News October 2014) [PDF/430KB]
- Ways of Doing – Reaching out for Refugees (Broken Bay News June 2014) [PDF/260KB]
E-news Articles Archive
- Bishops Say Sport Can Make Everyone a Winner (17 September 2014)
- Caritas Australia Celebrates 50 years (18 August 2014)
- Art and Spirituality (11 June 2014)
- Collected Social Justice Statements a Vital Resource (5 June 2014)
- A Place of Refuge (16 April 2014)
- Thank you from Caritas (16 April 2014)
Telephone: 9847 0514